These Red Velvet Espresso and Cream Swirled Brownies look better than delicious! I haven’t tried them yet, but think I’m going to be making them very soon (like today).
PREPARATION TIME: 15 Min
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hr 55 Min
Cream Cheese Swirl Layer
1 package (8 oz) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
2 teaspoons Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
1 bottle (1 oz) red food color
1. Heat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for dark or nonstick pan).
2. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
3. In small bowl, beat cream cheese swirl layer ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth, then set aside.
4. Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, eggs, also adding the espresso coffee powder and red food color.
5. Mix well until batter turns a rich red color.
6. Spread batter in pan.
7. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls evenly on top of batter.
8. Use knife to swirl through mixture for a marble look.
9. Bake as directed on brownie mix box or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool completely (approximately 1 hour).
11. Store in refrigerator.