Remember the retro diners with the jukebox and cola floats? These recipes will take you back in time. Reminisce with this delicious Patty Melt and Cola Float.
Old Fashioned Patty Melt
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onion until it starts to brown. Remove to a bowl.
- Shape beef into 2 oval patties, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook patties 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place in skillet buttered side down, and toast until lightly browned.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 2 slices of toast, top each with a beef patty, add onion slices and salad dressing. Top with remaining toast and serve.
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup OR maraschino cherry juice
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola, chilled
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream topping
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- Pour the grenadine syrup into 2 large glasses, add the cola and stir.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each and top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, if desired.